DATE: Oct 17, 2023
TIME: 9:00-10:30 am CEST
LOCATION: Manila Lounge, JW Marriott Berlin (In person event)
Women’s health is essential for sustainable development and achieving gender equality. However, progress on women’s health has stalled, and women are facing growing challenges in accessing quality care. The solution lies in listening to women.
In 2023, more than 15 partners asked 1 million women and girls what they most want for their health and well-being, reaching out to women often left behind, marginalized, and unheard, to shed light on the experiences of women across generations, identities, and geographies. This monumental effort has yielded invaluable insights into the needs and desires of women, insights that can shape policies, programs, and resource allocation from local communities to the global stage.
During this side-event, the results of this collective undertaking will be unveiled for the first time. An engaging and interactive panel will discuss how to turn women’s demands into reality and create a healthier and more equitable world for all.
Join us and our esteemed speakers including:
- Dr. Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, Director General, WHO
- H.E. Honourable Khumbize Kandodo Chiponda, Minister of Health, Malawi
- Byron Austin, Executive Director, External Affairs, Organon
- Kristy Kade, Chief Executive Officer, White Ribbon Alliance (WRA) Global
- Dr. Anshu Banerjee, Director, Maternal, Newborn, Child and Adolescent Health and Aging, WHO
- Dr. Pascale Allotey, Director, Sexual and Reproductive Health, WHO
- Dr. Eric Heinen-Konschak, Head of Global Program Digital Transformation, German Agency for International Cooperation (GIZ)
- Dr. Mary-Ann Etiebet, Lead & Executive Director, MSD for Mothers
- Rafael Chaves Cardona, Executive Director, Policy, Government Affairs & ESG, Organon
- Vivianne Ihekweazu, Managing Director, Nigeria Health Watch
- Beatriz Rotoli, Former Coordinator from YouAct and Humanitarian Project Officer Ukraine Response at IPPF EN
- Diana Copeland, Advocacy and Communications Manager, WRA Global
- Merette Khalil, Campaign Manager, Women’s Health and Wellbeing, WRA Global